Sunday, July 10, 2011

Alone Time!!!!!!

Well my kids left friday to go on vacation with my parents. I can not tell a lie so all I can say is WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO alone time is here!!! My boyfriend and I have this wonderful weekend planned together. Our alone time together is way overdue so we are ready. All day friday I could not wait to get off work, drive home and begin this fantastic weekend. I'll just go ahead and ruin this story for ya because it did not work out the way we had planned AT ALL!!! lol

I called my kids when I got off work and made sure they were okay; safely made it to their destination. Then I called my boyfriend as I was heading home. When I walked through the front door I was embraced by my children's shoes thrown around in the laundry room so I sighed as I stepped over them. I recollected myself and went to the fridge to grab me a drink and saw my lil boys fruit sippies so I sighed. Ok I told myself I'll go get ready to go out tonight. My boyfriend was in our bathroom getting ready so I grabbed a quick kiss and went to my closet to get clothes and there in my laundry basket was my kids clothes. Ok this is a lil strange but I had the urge to sniff their shirts...haha I know, I know what is wrong with me??? So much for wanting alone time, sighhhh.

Eventually my boyfriend and I were both ready and out the door we went where again I was overtaken by the yard full of my kids toys. I wanted so badly to hug my older sons basketball goal, swing on my youngest sons swing set and now I'm wondering if maybe my boyfriend would be okay with us driving to Tennessee today so I could hug and kiss my kids. But anyways as I inch myself into my boyfriends truck I'm trying so hard not to cry and wondering if I'll ever be capable of getting through one weekend without my kiddos. I sit here knowing Sunday will be here before we know it and chaos shall return to my home once again. Now it's manageable chaos I have to admit but yet at the same time it's miss able chaos because I'm a nervous wreck with them gone. Yet again I tell self your a great mother, thats what makes you who you are; my children define me. In a world with such devastation and unsettling issues that impact us all on a daily basis it's nice to be able to stare into these 4 lil eyes that look back at me with the ability to melt me of course, but more than that they look at me with security and understand I love them more than anything else in this world. It's them "knowing" I'm here whenever needed and always will be. And in time I shall be able to let go and let them grow into two wonderful men; Noooo I will never let go but will learn to let them grow a lil bit on their own. *smile*

Ok so back to my wonderful weekend with my boyfriend. Well that never happened because he came down with the stomach flu friday night after we got home from eating out and has been in bed all weekend. I myself pulled a muscle in my shoulder and have been living on a heating pad. Sooo WoooooooooooHooooooooo Alone Time Weekend!!!!!!!!!!! haha My boyfriend finally ate something tonight after eating nothing all day. While he was sitting on the couch he looked at me and laughed while saying "Well arent we just a pair of excitement." And as I sat here in my chair wrapped up with a heating pad and pillow on my shoulder all I could say was "Well I hope the kids had fun". haha 
So we decided to never make plans, just go with the flow because we learned the hard way about being excited about upcoming Alone Time!!!!!
My kiddos will be arriving home tomorrow around 5pm and my home will be restored with fantastic chaos which is just fine with me.

...........................................................................Until Tomorrow.........

2 comments:

  1. You're a Momaholic!!! lol! I know exactly how u feel.... Good luck wit ur Next "Holiday" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. That is too funny... The only "aholic" I definitely don't want to be cured from. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete