Wednesday, July 20, 2011

\\\\To Love////

Love. I once wrote a poem that had a line in it that said:

"Love is like a gold nuggest sparkling beneath the soil; gently you remove the dirt from its surface and eternally help it to mature"

Love is just as I describe, its a transformation of a livetime if you find true love. You have to work with your partner and remove all baggage and hurt that one or the other may be carrying; but gently. Its such a wonderful feeling to be wrapped in the warmth of love, caring, understanding and honesty. My life has had many ups and downs yet here I am still pushing forward. Have I ever given up on life, well of course. Given up on love? Yes indeedy I have. I've given up on just about everything besides my kids because without me they have no mom; without them I'd die.

I read many articles on love, I read many blogs on love and several books. The television broadcasts shows about love, movies make millions a year about love stories but each of us view love in a different way. Hey we all would love to have that fairy tale life where a man/woman appears out of nowhere sweeps you off your feet and you live happily ever after but that doesnt happen to us all.

I myself have figured out that love needs action. Love cant stand alone; its the "Honey Im glad your home", "Let me help you with that", the cold footsies under the covers, the small peck of a kiss on the cheek, the helping put dishes away after supper, the remembering we were out of milk so you bought it on the way home from work. The littlest of ways to show someone you care means so much and expresses love. The hightlight of my day is: First, I pick up my youngest son and get hugs and kisses. Second, I arrive home and receive a hug and kiss from my oldest son (sometimes it kills him but I get one..haha), Third, my boyfriend arrives home and I greet him at the door with a hug and kiss. My day is complete. The bills may lay unpaid at times, the cabinets may not be as stocked with food and I may not live in a showcase decorated home but I have so much more; Love.

My life was not embraced with the best of things. We usually had most of what we needed but very seldom did we get our wants. Our lives were enriched with playing in the dirt, running back and forth down hillsides smelling of freshly cut grass, swimming in ponds (no telling what was in them), coloring on sidewalks with crayons, catching grasshoppers and having jump races and snuggling up on the couch with my mom to sing ABC's. But I smiled, I laughed, I giggled, I made memories and I loved and knew I was loved.

So in teaching my boys the same concept of life that their grandmother (my mom) taught me I instill in them the love between family. The closeness, the bond that should link you together as one unit. I have been fortunate enough to give to my boys a lil more than my mother was capable of giving to me. But at the end of the day my boys never go to bed without a kiss, and an I love you.

"Dont let love pass you by"

                                                                                     .....................Until Tomorrow........



No comments:

Post a Comment