Monday, July 18, 2011

*Meaningful*

Meaningful?
Did you have a meaningful conversation with someone?
Was your job meaningful to you today?
Did you drive home thinking, "Is what I'm doing meaningful to my family?"
Is our lives really meaningful to anyone but ourselves?

Well I would definitely hope so. We all have regrets and would love a chance to "redo" maybe only one thing in our past; but it is not possible.
I know as a child I would mimic the actions of my loving grandmother. I so dearly loved crawling my lil legs up into a chair to help her cook. I'd yell, "I can do it, let me do it, I can stir dat" as my grandmothers walls became a beautiful new color of chocolate cake sludge. Ohhh those were the days. Summer afternoons were spent sitting on the front porch with a wonderful cold glass of brewed tea while patiently waiting for the sun to set so we could catch lightning bugs. I can so vividly remember the neon blinking lights coming from a mason jar in my bedroom. (with holes cut in the top) The early morning smell of biscuits and gravy being cooked. The aroma of my papaws instant coffee sifting through the house which seemed to just crawl up my nose. I'd take off running for the kitchen knowing mamaw and papaw was gonna spoil me rotten. With my eyes wide open and my belly growling well it was a feast fit for any royalty. Making memories and feeling so loved. 
Meaningful? I will have to say yes every moment, every second spent with loving grandparents was very meaningful. I look back now and even the pat on the back from my papaw; the cute lil apron my mamaw sewed just for me to look like her, the smallest of a peck on the nose, to the grandest of the "missing you" hugs have all been meaningful. There are many beautiful meaningful moments I had as a child; which I will never forget. What I wouldn't give for one of them big ol hugs right now, one of them wet nose kisses, or the aroma of instant coffee filtering up my nose. 
I'm so thankful for meaningful memories; and grandparents who took time to build them. 
For without memories I'd be lonely.

             ...........Until Tomorrow................

No comments:

Post a Comment