Sunday, July 3, 2011

Family Time!!

Well it's Fourth of July and there are many special events to be shared with children. My kids are wonderful, good, well mannered and I soooooo enjoy spending these moments with them. (Hmmmmmm) Ok let me begin this again. It's extremely HOT outside, my children are running around like wild animals arguing, my boyfriend and I are trying to get the vehicle loaded for this fun filled evening and I'm trying to calm myself by thinking "We are making memories!!!" We set off to take the kids (two boys) shopping because they are going on vacation with my parents next weekend. While in the vehicle the obsessive -eye stare- game war begins. Both boys yelling "He's looking at me", completely makes me wish it was next weekend already. (sighhh) Finally arriving at the mall we take the boys to fetch all the necessities they will be needing for their adventure with mamaw and papaw. But again, I repeat, we are in the mall where among the things on a list we need there are those childhood have to have wants. Leaving me stranded within the realm of temper tantrum toddler takeover until my boyfriend says "We are going to the vehicle, you finish up". My oldest son stays with me and we finish gathering what the boys must have for their trip. As we were going down the next isle I see my boyfriend coming towards me with my red faced broken hearted lil man who walks up to me and says "I'm sorry mom". Well I of course would never tell my lil man this but just looking at his sad lil face was already tugging at my heart. So we continue what seems to be an unending shopping spree and head out the door. We get just cozy enough in the vehicle and oddly enough it's quiet until it's time to get out again. We are purchasing some fireworks for the lil ones to do while we are at the community get together where fireworks are set off safely and very exciting for the kids to watch. As night time approaches and you look around this huge park there are hundreds upon hundreds of families that have brought their kids to this occasion. I myself remember the anticipation as a child knowing Fourth of July was close and we would all be gathering to wake up this small town for one night. Tonight I look around seeing all these little neon light glow sticks (which now can be bought to wear as necklaces, bracelets, wands etc etc) running up and down the hillsides. Ohhhh what a wonderful sound to hear the laughter of little children and the OOOOOO's and AAAAAAHHHH's when the fireworks light up the sky.
When the rumbling of the louder ones seem to mimic thunder you hear a few children begin to whimper but it is short lived with the voice of a caring adult saying "It's ok baby, It can't hurt you". As I look at my lil man sitting in my lap, my older son sitting next to me and my boyfriend beside me I have to say I did exactly what I set out to do today which was to make memories. Children are only children for a short while and theres nothing wrong with us as parents having a Bad Day or Needing Alone Time because we are human. Family time is what keeps a family together, its what molds our children for tomorrow, its the core to real living. My life is complete even with it's ups and downs. Each second, each minute, each hour of everyday I will continue to make memories.

.................................Until Tomorrow....................

No comments:

Post a Comment