Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another Day Gone

What has today given to you?


Were you awaken by the sun peeking through your window and happy to feel the warmth seeping into the room? Were you greeted with breakfast in bed and showered with much love? Were you surprised when your hair completely went into place and your clothes fit just right? Were you excited when you got into your vehicle and it started? Were you blown away when someone asked you out to dinner? Were you appreciative when your boss noticed your accomplishments? Were you given back money that earlier you had dropped? Were you offered to join in with your thoughts during a lunch break? Were you told how much your loved and needed?


Were you??


I would be interested in knowing how everyone answered these questions. Because some people are not so quick to reply due to their answers simply being "No". How often do we think of what others are going through? How often do we take things for granted? How often do we not do what we know we should? How often do we not only let others down, but ourselves as well? How often do we pay compliments to those in need?


How often??


My mother and I were actually talking about the hard times we had been through. My mother was also a single parent raising two children and nothing was easy then just as it isn't now. Like I stated in my profile "We all have a story", yet sometimes it only takes a smile to brighten someones day. Just a "Thank you", for holding a door open, or maybe even a "Ohhh how I like that jacket". I am not trying to create a KINDNESS day or BE KIND TO ALL connection to the world; although those things are wonderful. I'm saying whats wrong with being respectful and if you get a chance then make someone smile, make them feel worthy to be here. I'm guilty of being so fast paced with spending time with family, cooking, cleaning, sports games/practices, shopping and writing that I to have failed at being more in tune with those around me in need.


Just a tid bit of a rant my mother and I was on today...


....Until Tomorrow......................  

No comments:

Post a Comment