Saturday, July 16, 2011

~~Hot and Miserable~~

Well not sure if any of you have been bothered as much with the heat as I; but wow what a wake up call showing us all that dear old mother nature can still pour out a scorcher. I not only have been dealing with severe boughts of heat index but also a pulled shoulder muscle. I actually haven't missed work but can't say I haven't shed a few tears and wiped them away quickly while at work. Will probably have to go to the doctor soon if this doesn't clear up. It's been a week since I've posted so the only thing I have to post to catch you up is work, pain medicine, sleep, work, pain medicine, sleep... haha I'm sure you get the picture. 
  
My children have attended our county fair, well YeeeeHawww let me tell you. All the wonderful rides, good country people so politely smiling as we pass by; Yea Right!!! It's actually very sad attending the fair and bringing along my boyfriend for this night of pleasure and becoming disappointed. Is it because I viewed it differently as a child? Or has it became smaller as the years have went by? We pay good money for a fun filled evening of enjoyment as I realize just for my lil boy to throw 3 darts and TRY to hit a balloon its $5.00,,,I mean seriously! Come on, it's suppose to be for the kids anyways, isn't there a cheaper price for the lil ones? And one of my favorite games for the lil kids is the pick a duck booth -you know that game pick a duck out of the pond, the number on the bottom wins you a prize- well it's gone!!!! They did not have it this year. A night of disappointment let me tell ya; as my lil boy is screaming and waving from a ride he was on. (Yea I see the disappointment all over his face...haha) Of course the kids are going to enjoy whatever is there for them to absorb but they just don't know what their missing, I know all the good things they use to have dang it!!!! lol


As the night ended and they had rode every ride there was to offer, played many expensive booth games and left with blinking swords, bat man blow up action toys, glow in the dark necklaces, funnel cakes, cotton candy, carmel apples. My boyfriend and I left with two sleepy sleepy boys; we knew what we had set out to do had been accomplished. When we finally reached our vehicle and all climbed aboard we had two snoring boys before we left town.


It was Hot and I was miserable from a painful shoulder but as I have repeated we made memories and nothing is better than that!!!!

............................Until Tomorrow.......................................................................

2 comments:

  1. lol! This is what happens when inflation & global warming come together. Too bad our wallets don inflate :P

    ReplyDelete